Twitter

Follow cfoodjunky on Twitter

Saturday, October 31, 2009

On Princesses and Witches and a Candy Bonanza

Here it is, Halloween morning. I am enjoying a well made cup of coffee and fielding excited questions from the girls. In fact, a witch just walked into my office. Should I be scared?

I know somewhere there is a little princess putting on her holiday face.

Kids and the young at heart have been looking forward to this day for months!

Today we take our little treaters to the local theme park, Carowinds, for a day of trick or treating and roller coasters. Then down to my parents for some door knocking and when all the demons have returned to their beds, mommy and I are going to a big peoples party. Too much fun for one day.

I love Halloween. No two have been the same. The festivity level as a community effort exceeds even Christmas for parties, decorations, activities, etc.

And although it definitely increases the glycemic index to near diabetic coma levels, it is in my opinion, the most exciting holiday of the year.

Here is a good cocktail recipe for adults (remove rum and bourbon for kids):

Demon Possession Caramel Apple Cider:

1 gallon Apple Cider
1/3 gallon blended Dark rum and bourbon and Butterscotch schnapps
cinnamon
nutmeg
1/4 cup Honey
Candy eyeballs, Candy Corns, Candy Bats, etc. 2 cups

Blend Cider spices and honey in a sauce pan, heat till very warm
remove from heat..
Add liquor
Float candy in mixture

Serve hot (can be served cold, just skip heating stage)

Enjoy responsibly!

Happy Haunting! Cheers....

No comments: