Twitter

Follow cfoodjunky on Twitter

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Snowflakes are falling, time to cook!!

Alright Foodies time to get seasonal!

Thanks to my cousin Luke who's comments encouraged easy, delicious and hearty recipes from the MyHungryTum blog. I believe he asked for something to cook up on a "Saturday or Sunday. Simple soups or something to warm up the insides."

I am including 5 links to both my and other bloggers recipes. Some are straight forward and some require some daring. I am of the opinion the the MHT readers will be willing to go out on a limb.

And so here we go:

First, a classic! Hearty warm and delicious, New England Clam Chowder has been with us since before the Declaration of Independence and is most likely rooted in Western Europe. This interesting article will fill you in on some things you never thought to think about the creamy treat. http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/ChowderHistory.htm
The recipe I am posting is a standard classic recipe. It can be modified for personal preferences, but will at least get the soup built for you. http://www.kitchenmonki.com/recipe/Winter_White_New_England_Clam_Chowdah

Next is another classic. The ever-popular cowboy favorite, beef stew. More specifically the cowboy with a crock pot favorite "Crock Pot Rustic Beef Stew". This recipe is from a fellow recipe junky at KitchenMonki.com, Mickelle Weber. Thanks Mickelle! http://www.kitchenmonki.com/recipe/Crock_Pot_Rustic_Beef_Stew

Slightly lighter but still hearty and warm is this dish; one of my favorites. As you may or may not know, I tweet as twitter.com/cfoodjunky. So it is only fitting then that I include a seafood recipe. This is something most people will love, although not ones with shellfish allergies. Shrimp and Grits. This is a stereotypically Southern Dish with everyone south of the Mason Dixon line(and many Northerners) bragging about their recipe. However, mine is the best. Period!
http://myhungrytum.blogspot.com/2009/09/best-shrimp-and-grits.html

One of my other friends from KitchenMonki.com is Christo Gonzales. He has published a very intriguing(an allegedly simple) recipe that will will wrap up a succulent winter meal in style. Since most everyone loves dessert and it is the Holidays, try Christo's "Chocolate Molten Pumpkin Cake" as a crack filler, or possibly a main course. Thanks Christo!
http://www.kitchenmonki.com/recipe/Chocolate_Molten_Pumpkin_Pie

And finally as homage to those delightful moments spent laid out in the La-Z-Boy near the fireplace with a warm cup of Hot CoCo, I have included a "Out on a Limb" recipe that I suspect many people will be scared to try. Trust me when I say that this is unique and good and will warm you like nothing else will. It runs in line with my mockery of the "Gluttony and Rich food are the Devils Work" mentality that so plagues the fearful. Introducing " The Devil's own Dark Hot Chocolate"!!!
http://www.kitchenmonki.com/recipe/The_Devils_Own_Dark_Hot_Chocolate

Voila. That should keep you busy for awhile Luke!

Spread the word that MyHungryTum goes looking for answers to your food questions. Tell your friends and family to follow me and send in their article requests. I am here to help....

P.S. Enjoy the Hot Chocolate, if you dare....

1 comment:

Luke T said...

AWSOME!! Rachel and I have a date with some beef stew this Sunday. If we master that we will move on to some chowder the following weekend. We are supposed to have upper 20s and snow all weekend.I am sure Mason will help us.