Twitter

Follow cfoodjunky on Twitter

Friday, September 25, 2009

Striking out on my own...

So I have reached the crossroads of this chapter of my life. Truthfully I am beyond the crossroads now, but it is the most recent of memories. I am now in the first steps of a new beginning.

I have been trekking the world as an oyster broker for the past year and a half. Now I am about to launch my own brand. It is doubtful that I have the necessary experience, but guts and ambition will carry you along way. In the process you accumulate experience.

I rock climb for a hobby so I am used to hanging on by my fingertips. I suspect that will be useful. I also seem to lack the fear of failure that used to hold me back as a kid. I suspect that this is a limited time phenomenon so I will take advantage of it during this phase of my life.

Right now I am in the build phase of a new company concept that I have been developing for some time. Recent events have caused me to move up my time table a bit, which might be the kick in the pants that I needed. Let's hope I can start the engine before the car is done being built, and that she will steer properly.

I will update everyone with the new web address where I will be taking comments on design etc. It does, after all take a village. Stay tuned.

Eric

P.S. Try the shrimp and grits recipe below. It is super savory and yummy. Total comfort food...

No comments: